Grant Guidelines & Eligibility
The Foundation considers applications for grants ranging from $2,000 up to $50,000. For smaller requests, please review our Corporate Giving guidelines to learn how to apply for funding from Bangor Savings Bank.
For all proposals received, we look to support projects and initiatives that do the following:
- include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support.
- produce cost-effective results which can be measured and evaluated.
- provide incentive for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving.
- encourage coordination with other efforts and do not duplicate programs in the community.
- advance innovative and long-term strategies which will address recognized needs.
- demonstrate an ability to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
Eligibility for Grants
- Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
- Grant awards are generally limited to the market area served by Bangor Savings Bank.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status, a need for private financial support, and a direct relevance to the Foundation's areas of giving interest.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates, religious organizations, or activities for sectarian purposes.
- The Foundation does not generally support annual operating budgets, endowments, scholarships, conferences, seminars, festivals, or similar events, although such events may be considered through the Bank's Corporate Giving program.
For additional information on The Foundation please call 1.877.Bangor1 (1.877.226.4671) or send us an email at email@example.com