owners enrolled in our online banking solution, Bangor Online, are eligible to
register for Popmoney® either online or directly from their mobile device. Individuals
setup with access to an account via the “Share Access with Others” feature
under Additional Services on Bangor Online will not have access to Popmoney®. Authorized
signers, Trustees, Conservator, Custodian, Personal Rep, POAs and other
financial agents will not have access to Popmoney®.
Are there any minimums in sending or requesting a payment?
Yes, there is a $10.00 minimum in sending and requesting a payment.
What are the fees associated with using Popmoney®?
Fees for sending money via Popmoney® depend on the delivery method chosen:
|| Number of Business Days
3 Business Days
Next Business Day
Fees for requesting money via Popmoney® on Bangor Online are $1.00 for each payment received. Requesting money is not available at this time on Popmoney® Mobile.
Fees for receiving money via Popmoney® are FREE.
How do I sign up?
Once logged into Bangor Online, registering for Popmoney® can be completed on the "Move Money" menu option by selecting Popmoney®. You can also register from the Bangor Mobile App under the "Pay People" tab.
Will my bank account information be shared with the recipient?
No, no bank account information will be shared with the recipient. The recipient will see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote. The recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you won't be able to see the recipient's bank account information.
What is the primary e-mail address setting?
The primary e-mail address will be used for all communications between you and Popmoney®. It is also the e-mail address that a recipient will see when you send a payment using an e-mail address. If you use multiple e-mail addresses, you will want to be sure they are added and verified so that you can properly receive payments.^ top
What are the different ways I can send a payment?
- E-mail address: The recipient will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to direct the payment in their bank account.
- Mobile number: The recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to direct the payment into their bank account.
- Bank account information (routing and account number): Available only through Popmoney® on Bangor Online, money will be directly deposited into the recipient's bank account. You also have the option to send the recipient an e-mail.
When will the recipient receive the funds?
It will depend on the delivery speed you select to send the payment and whether or not the recipient has used Popmoney® before.
Standard Delivery (FREE) – Recipient will receive the funds in 3 business days if they have used Popmoney® and they have enabled Automatic Deposit or if the recipients bank account information (routing and account number) was used to send the payment via Popmoney® Online. If the e-mail address or mobile number of the recipient was used, they will be notified of the payment on the send date. Once they accept the payment (if already using Popmoney®) or register for the service, the funds will be sent to the recipients bank account on the next business day.
Express Delivery ($2.00 per payment sent) - Recipient will receive the funds the next business day if they have used Popmoney® and they have enabled Automatic Deposit or if the recipient's bank account information (routing and account number) was used to send the payment via Popmoney® Online. If the e-mail address or mobile number of the recipient was used, they will be notified of the payment on the send date. Once they accept the payment (if already usingPopmoney®) or register for the service, the funds will be sent to the recipient's bank account on the next business day.
Can I cancel or stop a payment?
Yes, however the difference between cancelling a payment and stopping a payment is determined based on payment status. You can cancel a payment from Popmoney® online or Popmoney® Mobile any time before or on the send date at no fee (shown as a Pending status on the "Activity" tab). You can use Popmoney® Online to stop a payment after the send date for a $34 stop payment fee provided the payment has not been deposited into the recipient's bank accounts (shown as an In Progress status on the "Activity" tab).
What do the different payment statuses mean on the "Activity" tab?
Below is a list of all the possible payment statuses and their definitions for payments sent:
- On Hold: The payment or payment plan was placed on hold because the sender failed verification when attempting to schedule the payment.
- Active: For scheduled payments to indicate the payment plan has been scheduled. It will be processed per the customers' instructions when the send date arrives.
- Pending: The recipient was notified of this payment. The funds will be withdrawn from your bank account the next day. If this is a scheduled payment, the payment has been scheduled and will be processed per the customers' instruction when the send date arrives.
- In Progress: The recipient was notified of this payment and the payment is being processed.
- Failed: A payment may fail due to one of the following reasons: 1. The recipient is unable to validate access to the mobile phone as provided by the sender; 2. The funds could not be deposited into the bank account provided by the recipient; or 3. There are insufficient funds in the account to cover the amount of the payment.
- Stopped: The sender stopped the payment after the send date. The funds are then returned to the sender's account.
- Expired: The recipient has 10 days from the send date to provide instructions on how to deposit the payment, after which the payment expires and the funds are returned to the sender's account. You will need to send another payment if the Contact still wishes to receive the funds.
- Cancelled: The payment or payment plan was cancelled by the sender.
- Completed: The payment has successfully been deposited into the recipient's account.
How do I set-up a future-dated payment?
When using Popmoney® Online, you will simply choose the future date you wish to have the payment sent on in the Send Date field. Remember, this is not the date in which the recipient will receive the funds - that depends on the delivery speed selected. Future-dated payments are not currently available on Popmoney® Mobile.
How do I set-up recurring payments/plan?
From Popmoney® Online, choose the date or future date you wish to have the payment sent on in the Send Date field and then click on the "Make this a Recurring Payment" link. Remember, this is not the date in which the recipient will receive the funds - that depends on the delivery speed selected. Recurring payments are not currently available on Popmoney® Mobile.
What are the different ways I can request a payment*?
- E-mail address: The recipient will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to send the payment from their bank account.
- Mobile number: The recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to send the payment to their bank account.
*Note: this feature is available through Popmoney® Online only.
What if the sender has provided the wrong mobile number or I am unable to receive text messages?
Do not attempt to deposit this payment. The funds will be returned to the sender if you are unable to verify access to the mobile phone. Please call the sender to edit the mobile number; the sender can edit the mobile number by editing the transaction.
What is Automatic Deposit?
Automatic Deposit is the easiest and fastest way to receive money. It allows you to designate one account into which all incoming payments will be automatically deposited. Once turned on, there's nothing more for you to do - you will be notified of incoming payment via e-mail or text message and the payment will be sent into your selected account. These settings are managed through Popmoney® Online.
Why didn't Automatic Deposit work for an incoming payment?
There are two reason why Automatic Deposit may not work for incoming payments:
- The payment was sent to an e-mail address or mobile number not currently in your profile. Please login to Bangor Online and visit the Popmoney® page. Then, click "Preferences" to add and verify additional e-mail addresses or mobile numbers
- As an extra security precaution, the sender is sometimes required to provide the recipient's mobile number when they schedule the payment; you may need to verify access to this mobile number in order to receive the payment.
When will the funds received be available in my account?
Once you deposit the payment, click on the "Activity" tab. If using Popmoney® Online, click the blue arrow located to the left of the payment that was deposited. For Popmoney® Mobile, simply tap the transaction. Once the details of the transaction are displayed, you can view the estimated date when the funds will be available.
Why don't I see a payment I am expecting?
If you are expecting a payment and you do not see it, this is most likely because you have not added the e-mail address or mobile number to which the payment was sent.
What happens when a payment someone sent me expires?
You have 10 days from the send date to deposit the payment. When a payment expires, the funds are returned to the sender. Please contact the sender to request another payment if you still wish to receive the funds.