Powered by Check Assist™
Your customer checks can be returned to you unpaid for many reasons. Typically it’s due to "non-sufficient funds" (NSF) – that’s where a check recovery service can help you.
Check Recovery is a free service offered to your business to use as a Bangor Savings Bank customer. No account changes are required. Just sit back and let Check Assist do all the work!
Check Recovery Service Benefits
- Free service for our Business Checking customers*
- Check Recovery is a fully compliant solution
- Business customers retain 100% of recovered face value of the check
- Gain faster access to recovered funds
- Eliminate time spent chasing bad checks
- 24/7 online access to check images and information
- Track status of checks and reimbursements
How Check Recovery Works
Your unpaid checks will be sent directly to our partner, Check Assist, for electronic re-presentment instead of mailing the paper check back to you. Check Assist resubmits eligible items through the ACH Network as a RCK transaction. Electronic transactions are sent directly back to the check writer’s account, saving you time and money on collection efforts. The system automatically schedules these re-presentments using Smart Dates™. This technology ensures a higher recovery rate so you can gain access to your funds quicker.
To learn more about how Check Recovery can help your business, please call our Treasury & Payment Services team at 1.888.276.8723, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org