Our most rewarding account
We see our checking accounts as the beginning of a long-term relationship. The Benefit Plus® checking account** offers these special services and features:
- Free Bangor Debit Mastercard® with free ATMs worldwide†
- Free online banking with Bangor Online including: Bangor BillPay, Money Management, Purchase Rewards, eStatements, and Mobile & Text Banking
- Automatically qualified for Benefit Savings Account and Benefit Money Market Account
- Premium rates on certificates of deposit
- No annual fee credit card with Rewards available**
- A selection of Overdraft Protection options to fit your needs**
- Choice of free exclusive check design or 50% discount on initial or future Deluxe check orders of any standard sized personal checks
- $20 monthly service charge waived if a combined balance in excess of $10,000 is maintained with eligible accounts including—Bangor Savings Bank deposit accounts, Bangor Savings Bank Trust or Bangor Financial Services accounts, a residential first mortgage, and/or a Home Equity Line of Credit***
- Free treasurer’s checks and money orders
- Personal loan document preparation fee waived**
- Free first year of safe deposit box rental
We offer a fiduciary version of this account for those that require representative payee, parent and next friend, or uniform transfer to minors accounts.
Open Your Benefit Plus® Checking Account Today
Enjoy all of these convenient features, open your new account online or in-person
Benefit Plus® Checking
Our interest-bearing checking account. To learn more about Benefit Plus® Checking click here, call your local branch, email us at email@example.com, or call 1.877.Bangor1 (1.877.226.4671). These rates are also applicable to the fiduciary version of this account.
||Annual Percentage Yield*
0 - $999.99
$1,000 and over
*Interest rates and annual percentage yields are accurate as of June 10, 2020. Interest will be compounded daily and credited to your account monthly. We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. Annual percentage yields assume interest remains on deposit. The rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. Benefit Plus® Checking accounts require a $25 minimum opening deposit.