The PPP program has specific eligible uses*:
- Payroll costs (at least 75% must be used for payroll to qualify for forgiveness);
- Group health care benefits and insurance premiums;
- Mortgage and other interest payments (but not principal payments);**
- Rent payments;**
- Utility payments** (electricity, gas, water, transportation, telephone or internet access);
- Refinancing a SBA EIDL loan made between January 31, 2020 and April 3, 2020.
*Use of funds for unauthorized purposes may lead to additional liability such as charges for fraud.
**To be eligible for forgiveness, interest, rent or utility payments must be on account of contracts or agreements dated before February 15, 2020 and actually paid during the eight-week period following disbursement of the loan proceeds.