Loan assistance to help you pay for your higher education.
Your future is bright! But sometimes your savings and financial aid options aren't enough to cover the full cost of your higher education. Our private student loan can help you meet the cost of your higher education.
Why borrow your student loan with us?
What do you need to be eligible?
- You must be enrolled, at least half-time, in an eligible degree or certificate program
- School certification is required
- You must meet credit standards (with or without a co-applicant)
- Maine residents going to Maine or out-of-state colleges and universities are eligible
How much can you borrow?
- Maximum loan amount: cost minus aid (maximum $40,000 per year, $200,000 total)
- Minimum loan amount: $1,500
When do you need to start repaying your loan?
- You can start payments of principal and interest right away
- You can defer payments of principal and interest while you are enrolled in school at least half-time—principal and interest payments begin following a six-month grace period after you leave school
- You can defer payments of principal and make interest-only payments while you are enrolled in school at least half-time—full principal and interest payments begin following a six-month grace period after you leave school
Check your applications status or continue to a previous application
Complete the co-applicant portion of the application