The Foundation considers applications for grants ranging from $2,000 up to $25,000. For smaller requests, please review our Corporate Giving
guidelines to learn how to apply for funding from Bangor Savings Bank.
For all proposals received, we have a preference to support projects and initiatives that do the following:
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support.
- Produce cost-effective results which can be measured and evaluated.
- Provide incentive for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving.
- Encourage coordination with other efforts and do not duplicate programs in the community.
- Advance innovative and long-term strategies that will address recognized needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
Eligibility for Grants
- Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
- Grant awards are generally limited to the market area served by Bangor Savings Bank.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate 501(c)(3) status, a need for private financial support, and a direct relevance to the Foundation's areas of giving interest.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates, religious organizations, or activities for sectarian purposes.
- The Foundation does not generally support annual operating budgets, endowments, scholarships, conferences, seminars, festivals, or similar events, although such events may be considered through the Bank's Corporate Giving program.