Our customers deserve exceptional online banking. At Bangor Savings Bank, that means more than just financial tools or a sleek user interface. It means our commitment to invest in and provide industry-acknowledged security best practices to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of your personal financial information. You can be confident that your personal and financial information is protected by the Bank's security practices, online security, and security technologies.
Our security commitment extends beyond technology; we believe it’s vital that every employee follows the processes and procedures designed to protect you and your information.
- Background Checks – Our employment practices start with background checks for our employees. Access to customer information is restricted to specific employees based on job function and access credentials are based on employee status. Plus, we provide privacy and information security training to all our employees each year.
- Facility Security – At every bank facility, access is monitored using security devices, alarms, and video surveillance equipment.
- Fraud Monitoring – We monitor your accounts for suspicious activity/transactions and proactively alert you when we suspect unauthorized activity.
- Third-Party Security – We review the security controls used by our trusted third-party partners — our goal is to ensure they take data security just as seriously as we do.
- Disaster Planning and Data Backups – We prepare for disasters to ensure timely and secure recovery of our services and your information in the event of an emergency.
As more of our customers migrate to online banking, we promise we're working to protect your online transactions using best-practice security measures.
- Enhanced Security
- Automatic Time-Out
- Browser Security
Beyond online banking, we're using solutions to help keep all your Bangor Savings Bank financial information secure.
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Email Security
- Secure Data Transmission