If you are a customer impacted by the government shutdown, please contact our Bangor Support team at 1-877-226-4671.
Security Matters More
Our customers deserve exceptional online banking. At Bangor Savings, that means more than just financial tools, or a sleek user interface. It means a commitment to invest in and provide industry-acknowledged security best practices to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of your personal financial information.
You can be confident your personal and financial information is protected by Bangor Savings security technologies, security practices, and fraud countermeasures.
Our security commitment extends beyond technology; we believe it’s vital that every employee follow processes and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Background Checks – Our employment practices start with background checks for our employees. Access to customer information is restricted to specific employees based on job function and access credentials are based on employee status. We provide annual privacy and information security training to all of our employees.
- Facility Security – At every bank facility, access is monitored using security devices, alarms, and video surveillance equipment.
- Fraud Monitoring – We monitor your accounts for suspicious activity/transactions and proactively alert you when we suspect unauthorized activity.
- Vendor Security – We review the security controls used by our trusted 3rd party vendors—our goal is to ensure these vendors practice the same data security standards as the bank.
- Disaster Planning and Data Backups – We prepare for disasters to enable timely and secure recovery of our services in the event of an emergency.
As more of our customers migrate to internet banking we promise to protect those transactions with strong security measures.
- Enhanced Security
- Automatic Time-Out
- Browser Security
Solutions to help keep your financial information secure.
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Email Security
- Secure Data Transmission