You are there to protect. We are here ready to help you with financial service options.
As a servicemember, under the Federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) there are financial benefits and protections you may qualify for.
The Federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the benefits it offers include:
- Reduction of Interest Rate1
- Protection from Foreclosure
- Protection from Repossession
- Protection from Default Judgements in Civil Cases
You may be eligible if you are:
- An active duty member of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard;
- A member of the Reserve component when serving on active duty;
- A member of the National Guard component mobilized under federal orders for more than 30 consecutive days; or
- An active duty commissioned officer of the Public Health Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
How to apply for SCRA benefits:
Submit the following items either by mail to the address below or by bringing into one of our branch locations:
- A written request;
- A copy of your military orders or another appropriate indicator of military service, including a certified letter from a commanding officer.
Bangor Savings Bank
Attn: Loan Services/SCRA Request
PO Box 930
Bangor, ME 04402-0930
Military Lending Resources
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP) is a great resource for further information on SCRA and MLA.